Larissa’s Auction: Day 1 Items went up yesterday. Happy Bidding!!!
Day 2 scheduled for 9/12 at 8pm PST / Day 3 scheduled for 9/14 at 8pm PST
(You can view the full list of contributors here.)
1. Sahara makes the list of movies that, IMHO, could’ve been so much better. (Previous movies I’ve felt this way about include Anaconda 2 / Roadhouse / Basic) I did like it, and I liked the book, despite the fact that I really wanted it to have more romance. For me, it always comes down to just wanting more – wanting to know more about Dirk Pitt via deep POV and backstory. The husband said he liked other Cussler books better and promised to find them for me.
2. I’m thinking about my writing goals for the next four months. I even wrote them down, along with what I’ve already accomplished this year. That was scary – and what I discovered is that I accomplished a lot more than I thought but it was also a lot less than I could’ve accomplished, if that makes sense. I can already write fast when properly motivated. Now, I’ve got to focus on using my fast writing to write smarter. It’s going to require a chart and math. Or a list. Or something that I haven’t figured out yet, but I need accountability. I need Larissa back for our daily IM Writing Sessions.
3. Speaking of Larissa, we didn’t touch base yesterday, although I tried most of the day. The same thing happened on Thursday, but she managed to get through late night. Her cell charger’s somewhere in GA (and not doing her much good while she’s in MI) and the land lines are busy most of the time. Although, now that I think about it, she might’ve been driving to Pensacola to pick up the rental van today. It was the closest place she could find that had any rentals left. If all goes well, she’ll be driving back to her mom’s starting Monday morning. I’ll keep you posted.
4. And back to writing: I’ve started revising a completed single title of mine, one that I finished a year and a half ago. It’s a story I’m absolutely in love with, and I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach when I was writing like, this is really working. The thing is, my writing wasn’t ready to do the story justice at the time, but now, going back through it and rewriting and tightening, I’m so happy that I love the story every bit as much as I did when I first wrote it, plot and character-wise. I’m making huge improvements in it with the rewrites, writing-wise. I’m ready to tell the story with the writing it deserves. So this fits in with those writing goals I mentioned above. I’d like to finish the revision by the end of September. I think that’s workable. Of course, I’d also like to finish 50K of my new ST by then too. *eyes the four year old who has just pulled the power cord out of the back of the computer and is threatening to chew on it*
5. House news: The kitchen’s getting measured for cabinets next Saturday. The GC told us to order our appliances to be delivered in 6 weeks from now. So he’s on schedule. And it’s really much better that I’m not there every day. I’m sort of an all-or-nothing person when it comes to things like this – and if I was there, I’d be worrying about every single thing. So yes, progress on that front.
6. Can someone please explain to me why my parents still have the same mailbox they’ve had for 20 years when the lid is completely broken and falls off every single day when the mail is delivered and must be snapped back into place every single day. Every. Single. Day. For the past 20 years. And yes, it was broken from the day they put it up. I remember. When I asked why they haven’t gotten a new one, my mother said, I haven’t been able to find another one I liked. Do you want a smoothie?
End random thoughts.
P.S I am SO done with blogrolling. SO DONE.